SVMS focuses on the Montessori approach to child-centered learning by creating an environment where children feel secure, supported, and stimulated. We believe in the child: in each dream, in each mind and in each individual, through nurturing confidence, self-motivation and cooperation we promote community awareness and enthusiasm for life-long learning. We wish to help children become individuals who respect themselves, other beings and the world in which they live.
We strive to develop each student’s full potential: physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually.
None scheduled at this time. Please call the office at (828) 669-8571 to set up a tour that fits your schedule.
To enroll your child in SVMS Summer Camp, click on the link below:
To enroll your child in Swannanoa Valley Montessori School for the 2017-2018 school year, please follow the steps below:
- Download and read the following material (PDF Format)
- Download the SVMS Application forms listed below (PDF Format). Fill them out and return to 101 Carver Avenue, Black Mountain, NC 28711 or scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon acceptance to the school, you will need to submit the following forms (PDF Format). New and returning students must submit forms BEFORE school starts.
- Supply lists for new and returning students are here: (TBA)
- Children’s House Supply List 2017-2018
- Lower Elementary Supply List 2017-2018
- Upper Elementary Supply List 2017-2018
- Be sure to browse our website to learn more about our